Saturday, August 27, 2016
Week one complete!
Hello all! I am pleased to inform everyone that my placement is going very well. I spent the last 2 classes with honors student and we spent this time getting to know each other and learning more about the types of books that we like to read. My mentor teacher and I have goals of getting students to read more and getting the book count up for the year. We also spent a good chunk of time planning part of a unit that we are going to start next week. I have also started planning my unit this week. Although I started to struggle with the difference between regular sophomores and honors sophomores my mentor teacher definitely helped me put a path to what is appropriate for regular students vs. The other students. After spending some time working with the students you can definitely tell that some of them are way above what an average sophomore would be in this District . My mentor teacher also helped me with the understanding that all students will do things in their own way . My mentor teacher also gave me ideas for learning more about my students in an educational aspect. On the first day of class we learned about the different things that our students like to do and what they were excited about when coming back to school. That is all for today! I hope everybody has a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is encouraging to see a mentor teaching have such a positive effect on you in such a short period of time. My hope is that, as the semester becoming more involved, you can lean on your mentor for support as you have done now. From the information you provided I can only presume that you will have a resource at your disposal, and have very little to be nervous about. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAndrea